We’re extending YMCA Super Summer Adventure Day Camp to help families with delayed school openings.
The Y is here for you! Although going back to school will look a little different this year, we will always do our best to support our community in any way we can. We are EXTENDING DAY CAMP to accommodate the delayed school openings.
|CLAY COUNTY||Extended Dates|
|Barco-Newton Family YMCA||August 10-14, August 17-21|
|Camp Chowenwaw||August 10-14, August 17-21|
|Dye Clay Family YMCA||August 10-14, August 17-21|
|DUVAL COUNTY||Extended Dates|
|duPont YMCA||August 10-14, August 17-19|
|Flagler Center YMCA||August 10-14, August 17-19|
|Winston Family YMCA||August 10-14, August 17-19|
|Brooks Family YMCA||August 10-14, August 17-19|
|NASSAU COUNTY||Extended Dates|
|Atlantic Kids Campus||August 10-14, August 17-21|
|ST. JOHNS COUNTY||Extended Dates|
|Ponte Vedra YMCA Youth Camp||August 10-14, August 17-21, August 24-28|
|Swiss Cove Christian Church||August 10-14, August 17-21, August 24-28|
|Flagler Health+ Village||August 10-14, August 17-21, August 24-28|
There is no better place for kids to connect, make new friends, try new things, and discover their potential. We are following all CDC, local, state and government guidance to offer camp in the safest manner possible.
FACE MASKS OR COVERINGS REQUIRED AT CAMP
Based on new mandates from city leaders and an advisory from Florida’s Surgeon General, face coverings are now required in indoor areas where 6-feet of social distance cannot be maintained.
All Day Camp participants must wear a face mask or covering.
As a reminder, we have taken multiple steps to ensure that required social distancing is happening at Y camps across the First Coast, including:
- Limiting capacity at camp
- Keeping groups to 9 campers:1 staff and with the same people in each group as much as possible day-to-day
- Seating campers at opposite ends of the tables
- Displaying social distancing reminders signage throughout the camp site
Each week we’ll have a new STEM-inspired theme to help campers embrace the power of pretend play to discover new skills, build self-confidence, make new friends and feel a sense of achievement.
A typical week includes:
- Camper’s Choice & Play during early morning and late afternoon hours
- Skills building related to STEM, Art and Humanities, Sports and outdoor recreation play
- Participates in Camp Readers Program
- Character development with a focus on our core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility