YMCA Summer Day Camp provides an engaging and safe place where children discover new skills, build self-confidence, make new friends, and stay active all summer long.
Our Y provides quality, affordable care of our youth, offering financial assistance which ensures that no child is turned away. We serve nearly 1,800 campers each day in our programs across Northeast Florida.
Our Impact in Summer 2018
- 1.5 million minutes read by our day campers
- 1,450 campers participated in our Thingamajig invention convention
- Bold City Best Finalist for Best Summer Camp
Because the Y is focused on stopping summer learning loss, we engage campers in STEM projects, arts and humanities projects and literacy. Other activities include swimming with our Safety Around Water curriculum, field trips and plenty of outdoor play.
At the Y, it is our vision to serve 100 additional children through financial assistance this summer and to enhance programs to help children overcome summer learning loss through STEM. We also want these children to develop new skills to feel a sense of achievement through camp activities.
- $75,000 this summer
- $150 to sponsor one week of camp for one child
- $300 to sponsor one STEM-related field trip for one child
- $500 to sponsor a library of books at camp
- $1,500 to sponsor the entire camp for one child
Funding will also help the Y meaningfully resource the facility and space in order to best serve the needs of the participants in the program.