The challenges they face to provide safety and security of our nation is immense. Join us in giving back to them.
As an Armed Services YMCA affiliate, we provide specialized programs and services for military members, veterans and their families on the First Coast.
- $1.15 million in financial assistance for 2,400+ First Coast military families for wellness programs, summer camp and more
- Launched first Operation Hero class at Oakleaf Junior High School in Spring 2019 (expanding to 7 more schools in 2020)
- Served 950+families at 5 First Coast YMCA Back-to-School Bash events; distributed 650+ backpacks filled with school supplies to military children
At the First Coast Y, it is our vision to become the most military friendly YMCA in the country by offering programs and services that directly benefit the military, veterans and their families in the communities we serve.
- $1M annually for scholarships
- $50,000 for Back-to-School Bash
- $5,000 for Operation Hero
- $1,500 for Military Wellness Program
These donations will help us serve 10,000 veterans and 3,000 service members and their families through membership scholarships and ensure access to programs that help them stay healthy, active and connected.
Funding will also help the Y meaningfully resource its facilities and spaces in order to best serve the needs of program participants.