Never has it been more important to help teens find their voices, activate their beliefs, feel like they belong and become our next generation of leaders.
Uplifting teens is one of the First Coast Y’s core strategies. We offer programs for teens to build self-esteem and self-confidence, learn and adopt healthy lifestyle choices, achieve personal goals, and build lasting relationships in a safe, supportive and engaging environment.
- 800 Teen Memberships
- 163 Before and Afterschool Programs for Teens including STEM, Career Exploration and Health & Wellness
- 137 Members of Youth in Government
At the First Coast Y, it is our vision to provide a safe, enjoyable environment where teenagers can connect with one another and participate in engaging, relevant and fun activities that support their growth into empower, self-supporting leaders of the community.
- $500,000 annually
- $2,500 supports one teen program participant
- $450 sends a Youth in Government student to State Assembly
- $350 supports one teen membership
Funding will also help the Y meaningfully resource the facilities and spaces our teens use in order to best serve the needs of the participants in our programs.