The YMCA is providing parents with an alternative to learning from home. Our Y Learning Labs will offer students their own quiet work space, equipped with Wi-Fi, to complete their daily assignments.
Throughout the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Y has safely provided emergency child care and summer day camp for hundreds of children on the First Coast.
Now, we’re excited to debut Y Learning Labs – a safe place for students to attend distance learning provided by the child’s school, but supervised by Y staff so parents can have peace of mind while working.
This program is for children in Kindergarten – 6th Grade.
Outside of remote school curriculum, the Y will also provide arts and STEM activities, physical activity and outdoor education, giving children a chance to have healthy social time with others in a socially-distant environment.
- Barco-Newton Family YMCA (Fleming Island)
- Dye Clay Family YMCA (Orange Park)
- Brooks Family YMCA (Near St. Johns Town Center)
- duPont YMCA Youth Development Campus (Near Baymeadows)
St. Johns County
- YMCA at Flagler Health+ Village (World Golf Village)
- Ponte Vedra YMCA
The following health protocols will be in place:
- Daily health screens
- Staff and students are required to wear face coverings
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all areas and supplies used
- Distance learning and online assignment support provided by YMCA staff
- Small groups to facilitate optimal learning environments
- Enrichment activities including STEM, Arts, and Physical Activity
- Flexible schedule to meet students’ needs
Days & Times
Our program will take place Monday – Friday. In Duval and Clay Counties, the hours are from 7:30am – 5:30pm. In St. Johns County, the hours are from 8:00am – 3:00pm.
Sample Daily Schedule
|7:30am – 8:15am||Group Time & Morning Energizers|
|8:15am – 9:30am||Distance Learning Session 1*|
|9:30am – 10:15am||Enrichment: STEM|
|10:15am – 11:30am||Distance Learning Session 2*|
|11:30am – 12:00pm||Lunch|
|12:00pm – 1:15pm||Distance Learning Session 3*|
|1:15pm – 1:45pm||Enrichment Physical Activity|
|1:45pm – 3:00pm||Distance Learning Session 4*|
|3:00pm – 3:30pm||Snack|
|3:30pm – 4:15pm||Enrichment Physical Activity|
|4:15pm – 5:00pm||Enrichment: Arts|
|5:00pm – 5:30pm||Group Time & Centers|
* Students will follow curriculum assigned by their school teachers
Space is limited.
If you are interested and would like more information, please click below to tell us the best way to contact you.