According to the American Heart Association, more than 80 million adults have high blood pressure in this country. Less than half have it under control.
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is part of a nationwide initiative to prevent heart disease through a heart healthy diet, self-monitoring and recording blood pressure. With your Healthy Heart Ambassador, you will learn how to properly use a self-monitoring blood pressure cuff and the value of regular self-monitoring. Ambassadors will also provide ongoing personalized support as you strive to achieve your health and program goals.
What You Can Expect
As an enrolled participant of the YMCAs Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program you can expect:
• Personalized support from a trained Healthy Heart Ambassador during the 4 months of the program
• Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health & taking blood pressure
• Monthly interactive heart healthy nutrition education seminar
• Easy-to-use, portable self-selected tracking tool
What is a Healthy Heart Ambassador?
Our YMCA Healthy Heart Ambassadors are trained lifestyle coaches and advocates that help you monitor and understand your blood pressure readings. The Healthy Heart Ambassador will communicate with you regularly during the program, both face to face and by phone or email. They will provide support, guidance, and encouragement as you monitor and record your blood pressure at home.
YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Goals
• Reduction in blood pressure
• Better blood pressure management
• Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
• Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
Upcoming Heart Healthy Seminars
Seminars are free and open to the public.
Dye Clay Family YMCA
More information coming soon. This seminar will be a pot luck. Please bring a dish to share.
For more information including cost, please contact:
Healthy Heart Ambassador & Lifestyle Coach