According to the American Heart Association, more than 80 million adults have high blood pressure in this country. Less than half have it under control.
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is part of a nationwide initiative to prevent heart disease through a heart healthy diet, self-monitoring and recording blood pressure. With your Healthy Heart Ambassador, you will learn how to properly use a self-monitoring blood pressure cuff and the value of regular self-monitoring. Ambassadors will also provide ongoing personalized support as you strive to achieve your health and program goals.
TAKE ACTION TODAY.
What You Can Expect
As an enrolled participant of the YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program you can expect:
• Personalized support from a trained Healthy Heart Ambassador during the 4 months of the program
• Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health & taking blood pressure
• Monthly interactive heart healthy nutrition education seminar
• Easy-to-use, portable self-selected tracking tool
What is a Healthy Heart Ambassador?
Our YMCA Healthy Heart Ambassadors are trained lifestyle coaches and advocates that help you monitor and understand your blood pressure readings. The Healthy Heart Ambassador will communicate with you regularly during the program, both face to face and by phone or email. They will provide support, guidance, and encouragement as you monitor and record your blood pressure at home.
YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Goals
• Reduction in blood pressure
• Better blood pressure management
• Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
• Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Updates:
We are able to provide this program virtually, as well as in-person, as long as COVID-19 guidelines are followed. For more specific information on sessions of this program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 10, 2020 – Winston Family YMCA
November 12, 2020 – Brooks Family YMCA
For more information please visit your Welcome Center Staff or contact:
Healthy Heart Ambassador & Lifestyle Coach