The Healthy Living Centers at the Williams Family YMCA in Mandarin, the Ponte Vedra YMCA, the Winston Family YMCA, the Johnson Family YMCA and the YMCA at Baptist North are the first of their kind on the First Coast, bringing programs and services from Baptist Health, Brooks Rehabilitation and Florida Blue into the Y – and making these programs more accessible to the surrounding community.
Health and Wellness Programs
The Healthy Living Centers offer a variety of programs led by clinical professionals and experts. These include:
- Health Screenings
- Health Risk Assessments
- and more
Class topics cover a wide range of areas, including nutrition, healthy aging, heart health, coping with cancer, medication safety, and navigating the complex realm of health care today. Many basic health-screening services are free and available on a walk-up basis. Most group programs require advance registration, because seating is limited and we want to ensure a great experience.
(Protocols set by Baptist Health, Brooks Rehabilitation and Florida Blue as of June 1, 2020)
Healthy Living Centers are implementing a three-phased approach to offer programs and services to clients with appropriate guidance from health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Phases are not time-based and will be modified and revised as guidance changes.
- To schedule a free biometric screening, please call 904.202.4500 or sign up here. (appointments begin July 6th)
- Starting Monday, June 15, 2020, we are scheduling in-person 30-minute coaching sessions. For those who prefer virtual options, we are now offering visits online or by phone. To schedule your coaching session, please call 904.202.4500.
- Based on guidelines from government and health officials, in-person classes and events have not yet resumed. However, please join us on the YMCA’s Facebook page to enjoy Talk with a Doc and Ask the Expert virtually. HLC teams will continue to send out weekly emails with upcoming virtual programming.
- In-person Biometric Screenings will begin on Monday, July 6th
- Updates on group gatherings and events will be provided.
Cleaning & Safety
The HLC team is working diligently with the YMCA to clean and sanitize all areas to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all members and guests. We have implemented a cleaning checklist and have installed a “foam in/foam out” system. There are a few new policies in place for clients when they visit.
- Asking clients to arrive early! Notifying that all members, guests and staff will have temperatures monitored upon entry into Y facilities, need to sign a new waiver and are required to practice social distancing.
- Activate Your Personal Protection! Maintain hand hygiene, avoid touching your face, maintain 6 feet of distance from others, stay home when ill, and wear your mask/face covering for the duration of your visit. Clients will be required to wear face masks during appointments and if they choose not to, will need to schedule a virtual/telephonic session with them.
- Wash Your Hands and Wash Them Often! Please wash your hands at the arrival and completion of your appointment. Hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant wipes will be provided throughout the facility.
Carol B. Thomas, BSN, RN-BC
RN Wellness Coach
Michael Mayotte, BSH
Meredith Shimp, PT, DPT
Doctor of Physical Therapy