We missed you! It’s been hard to be away from the people we care about and we are so happy to see you again.
Visit a branch page to see our new hours of operation.
We are reopening our facilities and reactivating key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most.
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
UPDATE REGARDING FACE COVERINGS
Based on new mandates from city leaders and an advisory from Florida’s Surgeon General, face coverings are now required in indoor areas where 6-feet of social distance cannot be maintained. Wearing a face covering or mask while exercising at the Y is OPTIONAL, if following social distancing guidelines.
- City of Jacksonville Emergency Executive Proclamation
- Resolution by St. Augustine City Manager and City Attorney
- Florida Department of Health Public Health Advisory
Before Your Upcoming Visit
1. Reserve a spot in class, the pool, the gym or KidZone.
- For now, Group Exercise Classes, Lap Swim, Family Swim, KidZone and Gym activities will require reservations. If you’re planning on taking a class or getting in the pool, please make a reservation before you visit the Y.
2. Sign a new waiver and member code of conduct.
- To expedite the check-in process, please sign a new waiver and member code of conduct before coming back to the Y.
3. Be prepared for our new check-in process and safety protocols.
- We want to make sure everyone has a safe, fun and positive experience at the Y. Everyone has a role. Please keep our safety precautions top of mind.
What to Expect at the Y
- Due to limited facility capacity and class size to meet social distancing guidelines, reservations will be required for some programs and classes.
- Wear a face covering or mask when you cannot maintain social distancing. Employees, except Rescue Ready lifeguards and Group Exercise instructors teaching class, must wear face masks during their shift.
- Employees and members will have temperatures monitored upon entry into Y facilities and required to practice social distancing throughout the facility.
- Members should sanitize hands before and after a workout and wipe down equipment with provided disinfectant wipes before and after use.
- The Y is implementing new stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites. The Y will only use products on List N: Disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2 that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
The Y is implementing a phased approach to offer programs and services to members with appropriate guidance from health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Phases in the Y’s reopening plan refer to our internal reopening framework and are not intended to align with phases imposed by local, state or federal governments. We will continue to review our policies as guidance changes.
- Coronavirus Disease – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Reopening Plan for Florida’s Recovery – Governor’s Task Force Report (see pp. 20-21 for current guidance for gyms)
Phase One Programs and Services
Based on guidelines from health officials, facility and class size is limited and reservations are required for some activities.
The following programs and services are now available
- Cardio & Strength Equipment
- Group Exercise*
- Personal / Small Group Training*
- Lap Swim / Family Swim / Aqua Aerobics*
- KidZone Ages 3-11
- Williams Family YMCA Tennis*
- Badminton and Pickleball* – Coming Soon at some locations in a limited capacity
- Basketball* – Coming Soon at some locations in a limited capacity
- Johnson Family YMCA Teen Center
- Clay County DayStar
- Healthy Living Centers
- Virtual Services
- Limited Coffee Service
An opening date for pools at the Dye Clay, duPont and St. Augustine Ys has not yet been determined.
What’s Not Available Now
The following programs and services will not be available in Phase One, but will be considered in subsequent phases based on guidance from health officials.
- Dye Clay Family YMCA Pool
- duPont YMCA Youth Development Campus Pool
- St. Augustine YMCA Pool
- Steam Room / Sauna
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team
- Adult Sports
- Youth Sports
- Open Gym (i.e., pickup basketball games)
View our Reopening Roadmap.
View our new cleaning protocols.
Download For A Safer Us: Reopening Roadmap
Your membership is so important to the good work that we have been doing for our First Coast community since 1908.
Thank you to our sustaining members who have continued to pay their membership fee so that we continue to provide necessary services for children, families and adults across the First Coast. Our doors may have been closed, but the Y never stopped serving the community.
Click here for more details