The way we interact with each other is different these days, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
Visit a branch page to see our new hours of operation.
We are following extensive protocols so you can visit the Y or participate in a program in the safest manner possible.
Face Coverings Required
At the Y, you must wear a mask to check-in, in the lobby, when dropping off or picking up children at KidZone, waiting for a class to begin, in the locker rooms and any other common areas of the facility. Wearing a mask while in a group exercise class, using strength and cardio equipment, stretching and swimming is optional if you maintain social distancing at all times.
- City of Jacksonville Emergency Executive Proclamation
- Resolution by St. Augustine City Manager and City Attorney
- Florida Department of Health Public Health Advisory
What to Expect at the Y
- Due to limited facility capacity and class size to meet social distancing guidelines, reservations will be required for some programs and classes.
- Wear a face covering or mask to check-in and in other common areas of the Y. Employees, except Rescue Ready lifeguards and Group Exercise instructors teaching class, must wear face masks during their shift.
- Employees and members will have temperatures monitored upon entry into Y facilities and required to practice social distancing throughout the facility.
- Members should sanitize hands before and after a workout and wipe down equipment with provided disinfectant wipes before and after use.
- The Y is implementing new stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites. The Y will only use products on List N: Disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2 that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
Before Your Upcoming Visit
1. Reserve a spot in class, the pool, the gym or KidZone.
- For now, Group Exercise Classes, Lap Swim, Family Swim, KidZone and Gym activities will require reservations. If you’re planning on taking a class or getting in the pool, please make a reservation before you visit the Y.
2. Sign a new waiver and member code of conduct.
- To expedite the check-in process, please sign a new waiver and member code of conduct before coming back to the Y.
3. Be prepared for our new check-in process and safety protocols.
- We want to make sure everyone has a safe, fun and positive experience at the Y. Everyone has a role. Please keep our safety precautions top of mind.
The Y is implementing a phased approach to offer programs and services to members with appropriate guidance from health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Phases in the Y’s reopening plan refer to our internal reopening framework and are not intended to align with phases imposed by local, state or federal governments. We will continue to review our policies as guidance changes.
- Coronavirus Disease – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Governor’s Executive Order Regarding Gyms & Fitness Centers
View our new cleaning protocols.
Download For A Safer Us: Reopening Roadmap
Your membership is so important to the good work that we have been doing for our First Coast community since 1908.
Thank you to our sustaining members who have continued to pay their membership fee so that we continue to provide necessary services for children, families and adults across the First Coast. Our doors may have been closed, but the Y never stopped serving the community.
Click here for more details