Lap swim, family swim, walking lanes and aqua aerobics are available by reservation only.
Each lap swim, family swim and walking lane session lasts 45 minutes so that lifeguards can clear the pool deck to clean and sanitize before the next session begins. Aqua aerobics sessions vary by class.
- Participants must be part of the same household and on the same membership account.
- Swim tests required for all children on their first visit. Tests will be done with a lifeguard or swim instructor in the water using an extended lifeguard tube. This allows proper social distancing with the safety needed in case the swimmer needs assistance.
- Red, yellow or green swim bands, which determine swim level, should be worn during each visit. Please bring Coast Guard approved lifejackets for children who cannot pass the swim test.
How do I reserve a swim spot?
- Locate the Reservations Self-Scheduler below.
- Select your branch from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your first and last name as they appear on your Y Membership Account.
- Enter your Date of Birth.
- Enter your Email Address and Phone Number. Note: This is the email address that will receive your reservation confirmation.
- Click Find Me.
- Select the Reservation Date of your choice.
- Select your Appointment Type. (i.e. Lap Swim, Walking Lane)
- Next to available time, click the dropdown menu and select the time of your choice.
- Click BOOK.
You will receive an email to confirm your reservation. Please be prepared to show the reservation to a Y employee in case you are asked. You can print the email or show it on your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I reserve a lane?
You will be able to reserve a lane for lap swim, family swim and walking 7 days in advance. Reservations are made on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis.
When I click FIND ME, nothing happens. What should I do?
Clear your browsing history and then try again. If that does not work, please call your branch for assistance with creating a reservation.
Does the reservation system close at any particular time?
Reservations will close one hour prior to start time. After this time, members will no longer be able to make reservations.
What is the duration of each lane reservation?
Reservations will be for 45 minutes. At the end of your time slot, the lifeguards will clear the pool deck to clean and sanitize before the next group arrives.
How will I know if my spot is reserved?
You will receive an e-mail confirming your reservation.
Is there a limit as to how many reservations I can make for a day?
We are limiting members to one lap lane reservation per day.
Can I reserve spots for someone else (husband, friend, sibling, child, etc)?
Each login has the capability to make only ONE reservation for lap swimming per day.
What if I am having trouble reserving a lane?
Please call your branch for assistance with creating a reservation.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible to allow other members the opportunity to attend the class. To cancel a reservation, sign into our self-scheduler on the website, click on My Appointments and select Cancel next to the reservation you would like to cancel. You can only cancel online up to one hour prior to the start time. If it is within the hour, please call your branch to cancel your spot.
Is there a penalty for making a reservation and not showing up?
We are hopeful that members will be respectful of the need to make reservations. However, should branches notice a member abusing the system, they may see the need to have a discussion with him or her. These incidences will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
If there are lanes available but I don’t have a reservation for one, can I still attend?
Yes! You are welcome to have a lane if there is availability. If all of the lanes are reserved and you don’t have a reservation, you will not be able to enter the pool deck.