Get back in the game! Youth Sports at the Y provide a safe, clean, and fun environment so your family can get back to enjoying the activities you love.
Soccer, Basketball, Flag Football and Volleyball are now included with all Household Memberships!
Registration Deadline: September 18
Season: October 15 – December 4
Registration Deadline: November 20
Season: January 7 – February 26
*Dates may vary by location. Contact your branch for the most up-to-date information.
Other Youth Sports & Play Programs
THE SAFETY OF ALL IN OUR CARE IS OUR TOP PRIORITY.
We continue to follow guidelines from health and government officials to implement procedures that ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone at the Y. Each of our branches have extensive safety measures already in place and will follow additional protocols for youth sports.
- Spectators are required to wear face masks while indoors and are highly encouraged to wear masks outdoors if social distancing is not maintained.
- Benches, bleachers, and equipment will be disinfected between each practice and game.
- Practice and game lengths have been adjusted to allow for 15 minutes between each session for cleaning and safe crowd transitions.
- Pre and post-game team huddles will be conducted outdoors.
- Each participant will be limited to a pre-determined amount of spectators, who will be required to follow all safety protocols.
Hey, Coaches! Who is your player of the week?
Your star athlete could be recognized on 1010XL!
- Who can participate?
Boys and girls ages 2 – 17 are eligible to participate. The starting age may vary depending on the sport.
- What type of membership do I need to be eligible for free youth sports?
You will need to have a Household 1 (at least one parent and one child) or Household 2 (two parents and any number of children) membership.
- What youth sports are included with household memberships?
Youth Basketball (Winter & Summer), Youth Outdoor/Indoor Soccer (Fall & Spring), Youth Flag Football (Fall & Spring) & Youth Volleyball (Fall & Spring)
- Can I play at another First Coast YMCA location if my First Coast YMCA doesn’t offer the sport my child wants to play?
Yes, you can play at any First Coast YMCA location.
- I have more than one child. Can each child participate in youth sports for free?
Yes, each child is eligible for one free sport per season.
- Is there a fee for uniforms?
Yes. The fee varies by sport.
- Can a child play more than one sport during a season?
Yes, but you will pay the full rate for the second sport.
- What if I cancel my membership during the season I received free sports?
You must remain a YMCA member thru the end of the sport season or there will be an additional charge.
- If I am not a member, can my child still play youth sports?
Yes, there is a non-member rate.
- If I register for youth sports as a non-member, will I need to pay an additional uniform fee?
No, the uniform fee is included in the non-member youth sport program rate.