Join us. We could use someone like you!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
Open Interviews – Aquatics
Nothing is more rewarding than being there in the moment when we need you most. Lifeguards and aquatic staff not only keep everyone safe in and around the water—they save lives. Spend your summer doing something rewarding and apply to become part of the Y aquatics team! Our available positions are Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, and Swim Coach.
Please come prepared to swim. Participants may bring a change of clothes and snacks. Paper to take notes is recommended. Additional hiring information will be given upon completion of training class.
All those planning to participate will need to be able to complete three prerequisite skills:
2 minutes of treading water without using hands
Retrieving a 10-pound brick from the bottom of the diving well
No previous experience is needed, must be at least 16 years of age.
Open interviews schedule:
Clay and Baker County
– Tuesday, April 13 at Barco-Newton Family YMCA: 4:00pm-6:00pm
– Tuesday, April 13 at Winston Family YMCA: 5:00pm – 6:30pm
– Wednesday, April 14 at Brooks Family YMCA: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
– Saturday, April 17 at Brooks Family YMCA: 10:00am – 12:00pm
– Tuesday, April 20 at Williams Family YMCA: 5:00pm – 6:30pm
– Saturday, April 24 at Winston Family YMCA: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
St. Johns County
– Monday, April 12 at Ponte Vedra YMCA: 6:00pm – 7:30 pm
– Wednesday, April 14 at St. Augustine YMCA: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
– Saturday, April 17 at Ponte Vedra YMCA: 8:00am – 9:00am
– Monday, April 19 at Ponte Vedra: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
– Saturday, April 24 at St. Augustine YMCA: 9:00am – 2:00pm
– Saturday, May 1 at St. Augustine YMCA: 9:00am – 2:00pm
– Wednesday, May 5 at St. Augustine YMCA: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
– Saturday, April 24 at McArthur: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
– Sunday, April 25 at McArthur: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is nationally recognized for its leadership in youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We practice what we coach and have received the First Coast Worksite Wellness Healthiest Companies PLATINUM Level Award for three years in a row! We’ve also been identified as a Gold Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association and the “Healthiest Employer in Jacksonville” by the Jacksonville Business Journal.
We launch cutting-edge programming, including a Stroke Wellness partnership with Brooks Rehabilitation that was recently named a Program of Excellence through the Hospital Charitable Services Awards, a national program presented by Jackson Healthcare. We are also building Healthy Living Centers that will help us better serve children, adults and families right here in our neighborhood.
As a non-profit, we offer our services to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay, and are proud to offer financial support for our programming through our Annual Community Campaign. We invest in our children and run a nationally recognized charter school in Northwest Jacksonville, Tiger Academy.
We are supported by Y-USA, Florida Blue, the CDC, and 10 regional health partners. And on top of our community support, our staff truly believes the work they do contributes to the well-being of the community. But don’t take our word for it. An employee said on a recent survey, “Everyone who works here is very happy to be here. The members love the atmosphere we create for them. It is always filled with laughter and smiles.”
Do you share our passion for strengthening community? Join us and apply today. We could use someone like you.
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is an Equal Opportunity Employer, DRUG FREE Workplace.