Convenient health and wellness services for the whole family at the new Baptist HealthPlace at Nocatee
Jacksonville, Fla., Nov. 9, 2020 – Nocatee is now home to a unique, new health resource designed around the fitness, wellness, medical and therapeutic needs of people in living and working in the growing Nocatee community and surrounding areas.
The two-story, 83,000-square-foot center is situated on a 12-acre site west of Nocatee Town Center and the Lakeside neighborhood, facing Nocatee Parkway. The first floor, now open, features a full YMCA open 6 days a week, Baptist Center for Healthy Living, Baptist Primary Care, Brooks Rehabilitation, Seasons Café and Wolfson Children’s Rehabilitation. Phase II will open in the Spring, including a range of medical specialties for adults and children as well as on-site imaging and lab services.
“Baptist HealthPlace at Nocatee was created with the input of people living in this community, and what services they told us would be of value,” said Baptist Health President and CEO Brett McClung. “Our on-site wellness coach in the Baptist Center for Healthy Living will offer a concierge approach to assisting people with their health-related questions, directing them to the right resources, and linking together services to help save time.”
For immediate health care needs, Baptist HealthPlace will provide same-day and next-day appointment availability, virtually or in-person. In addition, a new HealthPlace On Demand app offers online doctor visits any hour of the day or night, 7 days a week. The app, which is powered by Telescope Health, is now available at BaptistHealthPlace.com or by downloading Baptist HealthPlace On Demand from Google Play or iPhone App Store.
Phase I – Open Now
• Baptist Center for Healthy Living – free health screenings, personalized health coaching, guidance and recommendations on using health apps and tools
• Baptist Primary Care – care for the whole family, newborns and up
• Brooks Rehabilitation – orthopedic physical therapy, adolescents through seniors
• Season’s Café – fresh, convenient food and drink options for the whole family
• Wolfson Children’s Rehabilitation – therapies and treatments for children age 2 ½ – 12 with developmental delays, neurological disorders and more
• YMCA at Nocatee – state-of-the-art fitness equipment, group exercise, Teen Center, an “airnasium” open-air gym, and activities for all ages
Phase II – Opening Spring 2021
• Baptist Pediatrics
• Baptist Behavioral Health (adults and children)
• Baptist ENT Specialists (ear, nose and throat)
• Baptist Heart Specialists
• Borland Groover (gastrointestinal and liver care)
• Imaging and Lab services – screening mammography, X-rays, ultrasounds, bone density scans, bloodwork and other lab services
• OB-GYN services from North Florida OB-GYN and Women’s Physicians of Jacksonville
Learn more at baptistjax.com/nocatee.
About Baptist Health
Baptist Health is a faith-based, mission-driven system in Northeast Florida comprised of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville; Baptist Medical Center Beaches; Baptist Medical Center Nassau; Baptist Medical Center South; Baptist Clay Medical Campus and Wolfson Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital. All Baptist Health hospitals, along with Baptist Home Health Care, have achieved Magnet™ status for excellence in patient care. Baptist Health is part of Coastal Community Health, a highly integrated regional hospital network focused on significant initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care provided to our contiguous communities. Baptist Health has the area’s only dedicated heart hospital; orthopedic institute; women’s services; neurological institute, including comprehensive neurosurgical services, a comprehensive stroke center and two primary stroke centers; a Bariatric Center of Excellence; a full range of psychology and psychiatry services; urgent care services; and primary and specialty care physicians’ offices throughout Northeast Florida. The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is a regional destination for multidisciplinary cancer care which is clinically integrated with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, the internationally renowned cancer treatment and research institution in Houston. For more details, visit baptistjax.com.
Executive Director of Communications
Phone: O: 904.202.4907
Senior Marketing & Communications Consultant
Phone: C: 904.729.6909