At the Y, our team shares a singular vision of helping all youth reach their full potential in life. We leverage the excitement and passion around recreational and competitive programming to create a healthy outlet for children and teens to gain new skills, develop a sense of team and connect with positive role models.
Our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are not just a way of thinking; they are at the heart of everything we do.
The First Coast YMCA Excellence in Character Award is an opportunity to recognize a child or teen in our community who demonstrates exceptional leadership while incorporating the Y values into their everyday lives.
Please join us in celebrating the values vital to our community’s future by nominating an individual that you think is making a difference in the lives of others.
Teachers, counselors, coaches, neighbors, family and friends are just a few examples of individuals who are encouraged to nominate a child or teen to receive a First Coast YMCA Excellence in Character Award.
The award will be presented on January 22 at the In the Game Sports Network Awards Banquet.
The nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be 12-18 years old
- Enrolled in middle or high school during the current school year
- Reside in Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau or St. Johns County
- One nominee per application.
- Group or team applications will not be accepted.
- Anyone 12 years of age or older may submit a nomination.
- Nominations that are clearly legible and well thought out have a better chance of being chosen.
- The nomination should include the following:
- Completed nomination form (including both the nominator and nominee information)
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this individual?
- How has the individual demonstrated character through at least one of the YMCA’s four core values of caring, honesty, responsibility and respect?
- Who has been positively affected or what positive impact within the community has happened as a result of the actions by this individual?
First Coast YMCA Excellence in Character Awards
Attn: Michelle Moore
40 East Adams Street, Suite 210
Jacksonville, FL 32202