Influence the Lives of Youth
Operation Hero is a FREE program for ACTIVE DUTY military children in 1st – 6th grade. This program is designed to help students cope and adjust to the unique challenges of military life, such as frequent moves and deployment separation.
Now Registering! Program starts October 26, 2020.
- WEEK ONE: Identity & Self-Esteem
- WEEK TWO: Respect & Honor
- WEEK THREE: Responsibility, Honesty & Integrity
- WEEK FOUR: Empathy & Being a Good Friend
- WEEK FIVE: Coping With Deployments, Change & Big Feelings
- WEEK SIX: Bullying, Differences & Self-Acceptance
- WEEK SEVEN: Problem Solving & Team Work
- WEEK EIGHT: I am an Op Hero!
IN-PERSON OPERATION HERO
Trained facilitators for Operation Hero create a fun and safe environment for students to express their feelings, receive academic and emotional health support, and connect with peers experiencing the same challenges. A healthy snack will be provided.
Times & Locations
Barco-Newton Family YMCA
2075 Town Center Blvd., Fleming Island, FL 32003
- Mondays/Wednesdays, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Brooks Family YMCA
10423 Centurion Pkwy N., Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
VIRTUAL OPERATION HERO
- Tuesdays/Thursdays, 3:30pm – 4:30pm
This virtual adaptation of our in-person program is eight weeks and takes place online in our virtual classroom. Virtual Operation Hero pairs one mentor with a small group of school-aged students to foster connection and growth. Mentor-facilitated groups meet online each week and work through different topics using fun, engaging and interactive lessons and activities.
IN THE NEWS
- First Coast News: YMCA looking to expand free after-school ‘Operation Hero’ program to Duval, St. Johns counties
- Action News: Clay mother looking to expand free after-school program for military kids
Please use the form above or contact our Operation Hero Coordinator, Kayla Van Bebber by email at email@example.com.