At the First Coast YMCA, safety is our number one priority. We believe it is our social responsibility to do everything we can to keep everyone at the Y healthy.
Our goal is to create the safest environment possible so that we can continue to provide you with the services you need, without interruption, and do our part to help keep our community healthy.
What Safety Measures Should I Follow at the Y?
Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the First Coast YMCA highly recommends everyone ages 2 and older wear a mask indoors at the Y.
- This policy is effective for First Coast YMCA branches and programs including KidZone, Before and Afterschool child care, Camp and Youth Sports.
- Members, program participants and guests who visit a Healthy Living Center inside one of our Ys or a Y located inside a building owned by one of our hospital partners, will be required to follow their mask policies.
- All employees, except Rescue Ready Lifeguards, Group Ex instructors teaching a class or child care staff leading outdoor activities, must wear a mask at all times during their shift.
Please continue to practice social distancing at all times. We are facilitating safe social distancing in our branches by:
- Reducing capacity in classes and KidZone
- Requiring reservations for classes, swim time and KidZone
- Spacing equipment 6 feet apart
- Members should also sanitize hands before and after a workout and wipe down equipment with provided disinfectant wipes before and after use.
- The Y will continue stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- We have also invested in an additional safety barrier at our branches to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The illustration below shows how this innovative UV technology works in our heating, ventilation and air conditioning system to reduce airborne viruses and bacteria.
As our policies continue to evolve, we will share any potential policy updates as quickly as it is safe and practical to do so. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and support to help us all stay healthy together!