Want to utilize all those fresh vegetables you got from your recent trip to the farmers market? Garden Vegetable Soup is a great and healthy way to do just that. This easy recipe is full of nutrients and will leave you feeling satisfied. Check it out!
Garden Vegetable Soup
Serves: 8-10 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 6-8 hours
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (15oz.) can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (24oz.) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1lb lean ground beef (optional)
- 4 cups fat free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on “low” for 6-8 hours or until beef is cooked and carrots are soft.
Make It Ahead:
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken broth in a freezer storage bag. Label and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Add thawed mixture and chicken broth to cooker and cook on “low” for 6-8 hours.