Now Available at the YMCA of Florida’s First Coast
MODIFIED MOVES ENHANCED RESULTS
Space is limited.
Visit the Welcome Center or Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for one of our upcoming sessions!
- McArthur Family YMCA (Fernandina)
- YMCA at Baptist North (Northside of Jacksonville)
- Williams Family YMCA (Mandarin)
- YMCA at Nocatee (Nocatee)
- Dye Clay Family YMCA (Orange Park)
FALL PREVENTION AND ARTHRITIS MANAGEMENT
This 16-week evidence-based arthritis and fall prevention program helps participants increase strength, balance, and flexibility. These fun, low-impact classes promote movement and help older adults stay more active, energized, and independent.
Ninety-nine percent of participants say they would recommend this program to a friend!
EnhanceFitness is nationally recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the National Council on Aging.
EnhanceFitness is funded by a federal grant from the Administration of Community Living as part of the Florida Falls Prevention project.
GET READY TO MOVE
There’s no doubt about it – EnhanceFitness gets you moving. And because you’re encouraged to move at your own pace, it’s never more than you can handle. In fact, we’ll meet you where you are and help you gain strength, flexibility and balance
Our aim: To help you feel better
EnhanceFitness is geared toward older adults, and those with a chronic condition, such as arthritis, need not worry; you’ll never have to do anything that hurts.
We have chairs you can use for support, if necessary. When you’re ready you can add soft ankle and wrist weights to your workout.
It’s all about you
It doesn’t matter what others in the class are doing, only that you show up and are ready to move. You’ll set your own goals and we’ll help you meet them. We measure your success with a personal fitness assessment at the start and finish of the 16-week program.
What you can expect:
- Classes meet three times per week for 60 minutes each.
- Some people will be standing, some will be seated – and some will use the chairs to hold onto for support.
- You’ll notice that participants move at a pace that’s comfortable for them.
- The class focuses on strength, flexibility, movement and balance.
- You’ll make friends who will support you and cheer you on.
For more information about a future session, please call one of our participating locations or email email@example.com, or fill out the form below.