According to the American Heart Association, more than 80 million adults have high blood pressure in this country. Less than half have it under control.
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is part of a nationwide initiative to prevent heart disease through a heart healthy diet, self-monitoring and recording blood pressure. With your Healthy Heart Ambassador, you will learn how to properly use a self-monitoring blood pressure cuff and the value of regular self-monitoring. Ambassadors will also provide ongoing personalized support as you strive to achieve your health and program goals.
TAKE ACTION TODAY.
PROGRAMS STARTING SOON:
Stop by the Welcome Center to register or join the program at the table event on these days.
- Williams Family YMCA – Starting January 11th
- Brown Family YMCA – Starting January 29th
- YMCA at Nocatee – Starting February 5th
- YMCA at Flagler Health Village – Going on NOW
What You Can Expect
As an enrolled participant of the YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program you can expect:
- Personalized support from a trained Healthy Heart Ambassador during the 4 months of the program
- Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health & taking blood pressure
- Monthly interactive heart healthy nutrition education seminar
- Easy-to-use, portable self-selected tracking tool
What is a Healthy Heart Ambassador?
Our YMCA Healthy Heart Ambassadors are trained lifestyle coaches and advocates that help you monitor and understand your blood pressure readings. The Healthy Heart Ambassador will communicate with you regularly during the program, both face to face and by phone or email. They will provide support, guidance, and encouragement as you monitor and record your blood pressure at home.
YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Goals
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
For more specific information on sessions of this program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you enjoy the program and want to share your success with others?
Become a Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Champion!
If you are interested in helping your Y share the success of this program, please reach out to mYhealth@fcymca.org. We want to utilize the experience of past participants to re-ignite the program and help others find success in managing their blood pressure.
For more information please visit your Welcome Center Staff or contact: