Upcoming Presentations: Monday Mini Series
Mondays at 6:45pm via Zoom with Lisa Peacock, Health Educator
- Heart Healthy – How Nutrition can Lower Blood Pressure
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is part of a nationwide initiative to prevent heart disease by promoting heart health nutrition. In this series, you will learn what it means to plan, prepare, eat, & live in a heart healthy way. This series is in partnership with our YMCAs Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program.
- October 4: Everything you need to know about DASH Diet
- October 11: Sodium. What is it? And how much should we have of it?
- October 18: Heart Healthy Food: How to shop for it, prepare it, and cook it.
- October 25: Living Heart Healthy – A Way of Life.
- Personalized support from a trained Healthy Heart Ambassador during the 4 months of the program
- Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health & taking blood pressure
- Monthly interactive heart healthy nutrition education seminar
- Easy-to-use, portable self-selected tracking tool
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
According to the American Heart Association, more than 80 million adults have high blood pressure in this country. Less than half have it under control.
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is part of a nationwide initiative to prevent heart disease through a heart healthy diet, self-monitoring and recording blood pressure. With your Healthy Heart Ambassador, you will learn how to properly use a self-monitoring blood pressure cuff and the value of regular self-monitoring. Ambassadors will also provide ongoing personalized support as you strive to achieve your health and program goals.
TAKE ACTION TODAY.
What You Can Expect
As an enrolled participant of the YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program you can expect:
What is a Healthy Heart Ambassador?
Our YMCA Healthy Heart Ambassadors are trained lifestyle coaches and advocates that help you monitor and understand your blood pressure readings. The Healthy Heart Ambassador will communicate with you regularly during the program, both face to face and by phone or email. They will provide support, guidance, and encouragement as you monitor and record your blood pressure at home.
YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Goals
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Updates:
We are able to provide this program virtually, as well as in-person, as long as COVID-19 guidelines are followed. For more specific information on sessions of this program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you enjoy the program and want to share your success with others?
Become a Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program Champion!
If you are interested in helping your Y share the success of this program, please reach out to Paige Hamilton at email@example.com. We want to utilize the experience of past participants to re-ignite the program and help others find success in managing their blood pressure.
For more information please visit your Welcome Center Staff or contact:
Healthy Heart Ambassador & Lifestyle Coach