AM Hoops / Noon Ball / PM Hoops
We know how important it is to continue to reopen services to members who seek to participate in organized sports. In order to fulfill that need, we’re starting with Adult Basketball by offering it to a small sample of members to create a controlled environment to keep everyone involved safe.
The program will be offered to members only at this time in two-hour increments. The times, days and locations will vary by branch. Contact your Y to see if this program is available at your location or to express interest.
Rules & Guidelines
- Adult Basketball is NOT open gym where anyone can show up at any time to play. We are offering this to members only. We apologize, but no guests are allowed at this time – this includes spectators.
- Registration is required in order to participate. Registration will open two weeks prior to each month. The program will last for one month. (For this first month, the program will run Sept. 21 – Oct. 31. Going forward, the program will start and end on the first and last day of each month Nov. 1 – Nov. 30, and so on).
- Participants MUST wear a mask when not actively playing.
- Each participating location will have rules specific to their branch. Please follow the guidelines set by Y staff and team members at your Y. These are in place for your safety and the safety of everyone involved.
- Those who are seated must be separated by at least 6 feet. The bleachers are marked for spacing.
- Participants must wash their hands and wipe down balls after each game.
- Participants MUST bring their own towel and water bottle. Water fountains are for bottle-fill only.
Gym Monitor reserves the right to ask members to leave if they are not following the Y’s gym rules and policies.
- Members may register online or at the Y for one month at a time with a max of two weeks out.
- Members may “un-register” if they are unable to play.
- Branches will have a waitlist for members who wish to play as spots become available.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 (coronavirus) or contract the virus, you must inform the Y.