Reclaim Your Energy. Reclaim Your Power. LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a FREE evidence-based program that helps adults reclaim their health and well-being following a cancer diagnosis.
- YMCA at Baptist North (North Jacksonville) Starting Monday, January 8th. Held on Monday and Wednesday from 11:30am to 1:00pm
- YMCA at Wildlight (Yulee) Starting Tuesday, January 9th. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- Williams Family YMCA (Mandarin) Starting Tuesday, January 16th. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- Winston Family YMCA (Riverside) Starting Tuesday, January 23rd. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- YMCA at Nocatee (Nocatee) Starting Monday, January 29th. Held on Monday and Wednesday from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Brown Family YMCA (Ponte Vedra) Starting Tuesday, January 30th. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00am to 12:30pm
- St Augustine Family YMCA (Anastasia Island) Tuesday, January 30th. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- Barco Newton Family YMCA (Fleming Island) Starting Tuesday, February 6th. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 10:00am
- Brooks Family YMCA (Southside) Starting Tuesday, February 6th. Held on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30am to 12:00pm
- Dye Clay Family YMCA (Orange Park) Starting Monday, February 19th. Held on Monday and Wednesday from 9:00am to 10:30am
- YMCA at Flagler Health Village (World Golf Village) Starting Monday, February 19th. Held on Monday and Wednesday from 11:30am to 1:00pm
- McArthur Family YMCA (Fernandina Beach)
Space is limited. Email email@example.com to register for one of our upcoming sessions!
- Small group, supportive environment
- 12-week program with two 90-minute
- sessions per week, facilitated by certified LIVESTRONG trainers
- Pre- and Post-Assessments
- YMCA membership for participants and their households
- No program or membership fees for participants or their families
YMCA members and non-members are welcome to participate.
For more information about a future session, please call one of our participating locations or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
Become a partner in healing the whole person.
Did You Know?
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 3 men will develop cancer in their lifetime
- 2,423 new cases of cancer in our 5-county service area
- 62,000+ participants served nationwide in LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA
At the Y, our vision is to create a welcoming and supportive community in which survivors can improve their quality of life during cancer treatment and beyond. Through this program, we strive to provide participants the opportunity to increase their knowledge and strength so that they are able to practice a healthy lifestyle.
- $12,000 supports one 12-week cohort
- $1,000 supports one participant through a 12- week cohort
- $1,200 supports 6 family memberships during program
Cancer takes a tremendous physical and emotional toll on those affected AND their families. Your donation will not only help cancer survivors reclaim their health but will also ensure their family can be an important part of their recovery. Funding will also help the Y meaningfully resource the facility and space, as well as train staff, in order to best serve the needs of the participants in the program.